August 20, 2013

Star Trek Nail Art

Today I'm going to be posting about the awesome Star Trek nail art I've done on my sisters nails. Andie is a complete nerd and loves Star Trek so when she found this pin on Pinterest she had to have me do it on her. Of course I did it because I love doing nails and need the practice on other people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm usually not very good at nail art on other people but this design was so easy and it didn't take a lot of time to do. Below is everything that you'll need and an explanation of how to do it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What you'll need:

  • A red, blue, yellow, gold, and black nail polish - I didn't have a yellow nail polish that was like this so I painted her ring finger white with China Glaze White on White and used a yellow acrylic paint. The red is Wet n Wild Everyone loves Redmond, the blue is SinfulShine Most Sinful, and the black is Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris. I also used Sally Hansen Golden-I for the emblem (forgot it in the picture).
  • A base/top coat - For the base coat I used Noir All In One and for the top coat I used Seche Vite.
  • Tape - This will be used for the triangles.
  • Angled nail art brush - I found that an angled brush works best for the emblem on the shirts.

First I applied a base coat and then painted each finger either red, blue, or yellow and waited for it to be completely dry. If you don't wait for it to dry the tape can pull up the nail polish. I then applied the tape to make a v shape at her cuticle. I used the black to fill it in and then immediately removed the tape. I then took a gold nail polish and an angled nail art brush to make the Star Trek emblem. I waited about 10 minutes and finally applied a top coat.

This design was super easy and it turned out pretty cool! What did you think of this nail design? I'd love to know! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an awesome day! xoxo, Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment