August 16, 2013

MASH Nail Art Brush Review

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So today I'm going to review the MASH nail art brushes. I got my set of MASH brushes here. I choose this set over others because it was cheap, had a variety of brushes, and was free shipping.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What I liked:
  • They are cheap - They are only $11 with free shipping so they are a good deal.
  • They come with a roll to store the brushes in - I think that the brush roll is extremely useful, especially when I want to store the brushes away when I'm not using them.
  • Good variety of brushes - There is pretty much every brush you may need in this kit. They have stripers, fan brushes, and smaller detailing brushes.
  • Shipping - Shipping on this wasn't bad.
What I didn't like:
  • The smell - When I first got these brushes they had a strong chemical smell. I had stored these in my bedroom and it even made my entire room smell like chemicals. It wasn't pleasant and it even gave me a headache.
  • They stain easily - I don't mind that they stain because I knew they were going to eventually but some of these brushes have only been used once or twice and have pretty nasty stains making them look really gross.
  • Fraying - I was super careful with washing them because I knew they would fray but even being careful they still frayed something terrible. Some brushes are even unusable now after only one use because they have frayed so badly

Overall, I think this is a great beginners brush set. I know for me I would not be comfortable shelling out a pretty penny on a better quality set when I'm just a beginner in nail art. I know eventually I will want to when I'm better at nail art but for now this set works for me.

Have you tried these brushes out? What did you think of them? Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an awesome day! xoxo, Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment