August 18, 2013

Noir Nail Polish Review + Swatches

Hey everyone! Today I'll be posting about Noir Cosmetics. I received this set of nail polish from my grandma as a gift. I was really excited because I hadn't heard of this company before and they were gorgeous colors. I'm not sure how much this set cost because like I said it was a gift but you can purchase individual nail polishes from noircosmetics.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This set comes with five colors, an all in one, and a glass nail file. The set looked really nice and was happy to see a top/base coat and a nail file. I had needed a new nail file so it was awesome it came in this set.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Miami Sunrise - a grapey purple cream. Although the color applied very opaque, it was not thick enough to hide the ridges on my nails. Above is two coats.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Splash - a very pretty blue cream. When I first saw this it reminded me a lot of For Audrey by China Glaze but it definitely is different, it's a lot brighter of a color. This one applied the best out of the set. Above is two coats.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Coral Reef - a peachy coral color with silver shimmer. It looks like it has silver shimmer in it in the bottle however this looks like a cream finish on the nails. Above is two coats.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pink Lemonade - a Pepto-Bismol pink cream. This has to be my favorite out of the set. This applied a lot thicker, which I like. Plus I'm a sucker for bright pinks. Above is two coats.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mint Chip - a green mint cream. This color has to be tied with coral reef for second place. I absolutely love this color. Above is only two coats although it could have used three.

Here is what I like and dislike about them:

What I liked about them:
  • Opaqueness -  These polishes for being so bright went on very well and only needed two coats. 
  • Shininess - All swatches are without a top coat. As you can see these still apply very shiny.
  • All In One - I use this for a base coat and although I do not notice a difference with the longevity of my nail polish I do notice that this helps it go on even smoother.
  • Glass nail file - I needed a new nail file so was pleased to see that one came with this set.
What I disliked about them:
  • Chipped only after a couple days -  I was on vacation when I wore these and was outside a lot so maybe that had something to do with it but I found these to chip noticeably after only a day or two. I change my nail polish often so this doesn't bug me too much.
  • Availability - So far I've only found their website that sells these polishes. I'm not to fond of buying nail polish online because I'm afraid it will break during the shipping process so this kind of bums me out.
Overall, I really like these nail polishes. I really enjoy the colors and how they apply! I just wish that I knew of a store that sold these so I wouldn't have to make an online order. If anyone knows where you can buy these nail polishes in store please let me know!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an awesome day! xoxo, Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment