August 22, 2013

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat in Royal Icing Review + Swatch

Hey everyone today's post is going to be about Sally Hansen's Sugar Coat nail polish in Royal Icing. I was quite excited to get this nail polish because I thought I would love textured nail polish but boy was I wrong!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This color is really dull compared to what it shows in the bottle. It does however have quite a lot of pretty purple and light pink glitter in it to make up for it. It felt like I was applying a nail polish after I poured sugar into the bottle. It was really weird/gross.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here are a list of reasons why I don't like this nail polish:

  • Texture - I couldn't get over how it felt on the nails. It felt like sandpaper and I would imagine this would get caught on your clothing (took it off not long after applying it because it bugged me).
  • Sheerness - In the above pictures I applied three coats of the nail polish. Even after that I felt like the nail polish still lacked a base too it. You could see the texture stuff in it but it didn't have much of a colored base in it.
  • How it applies - This applies how I would imagine nail polish with sugar poured in it. It was quite difficult for it to be even/not patchy.
  • How it dries - Even once you think this polish dries, it isn't dry. My sister had wore this nail polish and had her whole pinky nail come off while washing because she had though it was dry!

Overall, I would not recommend or repurchase any other shades. For me, this trend is a complete bust. I don't know how anyone could wear textured nail polish and not have it bug them!

Have you ever tried these polishes? Did you like them or were they a bust for you too? I'd love to know! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! xoxo, Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment