August 26, 2013

Pokeball Nail Art

Hey everyone! In today's post I'm going to be showing you another nerdy nail art design that I did on my sister. It's actually been quite fun practicing on her. Attempted a galaxy nail art design and that failed so I decided to try something a little bit easier. That's when I decided to do pokeballs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This one was more fun to do because growing up as kids my sisters and I all loved Pokemon. I know I didn't do this design perfect and I would redo a few things if I was to do it again but overall I still think it looks pretty good. Below I'll list everything you'll need and explain how I achieved this nail design.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The things that you'll need:

  • Red and white nail polish - I used China Glaze White on White (would have used a different white if I was to redo this) and Wet n Wild Everyone Loves Redmond.
  • Black and white acrylic paint - These are just some freebies I got from school, feel free to use any brand.
  • Tape - This is used to tape the nail in half to give the pokeball a straight line.
  • Nail art brush - I actually used two but I did not really like the other one so I didn't decide to include it. The one above is from my MASH nail art brush set.

Here are the steps to achieve the perfect pokeball: 1) Paint your nails two coats of white and wait for it to completely dry. 2) Tape half of your nail off and paint the non taped side red. 3) Paint a black line straight down the middle and add a black dot to the center. 4) Once the black has dried add a white dot in the center of the black dot. 5) Seal your design off with a fast drying top coat.

I actually really like this design and might do this one on myself. Did you ever watch Pokemon as a child? Would you do this design on yourself? Let me know in a comment below.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an awesome day! xoxo, Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment