August 14, 2013

Blue & Purple Leopard Print Nail Art

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hey everyone! In my nail polish obsession tag post I said I was going to post about this mani that I'm wearing so that's just exactly what I'm going to be doing today. I had wanted to post swatches of the Noir nail polishes before posting this but I don't have the heart to take this design off my nails yet. So onto the post! Below are the tools and nail polishes you will need:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

  • 2 small nail art brushes - I got my set of MASH brushes here
  • Black acrylic paint - Any brand will work. I just am using a freebie that I got from school.
  • A base coat - The one I used is Noir All In One
  • Two Colors - I used Noir in Splash & Miami Sunrise
  • Top Coat - I used my all time favorite top coat Seche Vite.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First I applied my base coat and then two coats of the base color polish. I waited for that to completely dry before I moved on. After that I took the black acrylic paint and started with my leopard design. I just made small c shapes and added a few dots in between. I then filled in the c shapes with another color. I chose to do the opposite colors on the ring and thumb. Overall, I really like how this turned out. Usually I have trouble with any sort of animal print so I'm proud of myself for this one.

So what do you think of this mani? What colors would you do this in? Let me know in a comment below! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an awesome day! xoxo, Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment