June 9, 2014

Sally Hansen Base Coat + Top Coat Reviews

Every time I search Google for reviews on Sally Hansen top coats and base coats I always find individual blog posts about a product when what I really want is a giant list of reviews about Sally Hansen. So I'm here to provide you that if you are also longing for that type of post. All images of the bottles have been taken from the Sally Hansen website. So all photo credit does go to them, I'm just here to provide my review on the products. So let's dig in since I do have a few to review.


The first one I have to talk about is the infamous Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. In the beginning I actually really did enjoy this top coat. It dried my nail polish fairly quickly and provided a super glossy finish. However, this gooped up on me like no other. My Seche Vite doesn't even goop up as fast as this did. I was only able to use a little less than half a bottle before I gave up on it. It's inexpensive and you can find it for less than 5 bucks at most places but to be honest, it's not worth it. Was really disappointed with this top coat.


The next one I have to talk about is the Diamond Flash top coat. I got this top coat fairly recently but have gained quite the opinion on it. It does dry your polish quickly and provide a good shine but boy does it have it's down falls. It has a tiny brush, it bubbles, and it chips quickly. The brush on this top coat is terrible. It's so tiny and is very difficult to work with. You have to go over your nail 4-5 times to have a complete coverage of the top coat. The bubbles are what really kill me though. Even if you don't see any bubbles in the top coat before applying it, it still somehow manages to bubble on the nail. It's incredibly annoying and completely ruins a manicure. I will continue to use this on metallic polishes I only want to wear for a day but otherwise it's completely useless.


Next is the Diamond Shine top coat/base coat. As a top coat, I don't like this product. It doesn't really dry your polish that quick and doesn't provide enough shine for my liking. As a base coat however, I like this product a lot more. It's thin enough to not mess with the application of polish but still thick enough to protect your nails. It's nothing extremely special but I do enjoy this as a base coat.


Lastly we have Hard As Nails Hard As Wraps base coat. It claims to have acrylic strength protection and I have to agree with that claim. It makes polishes go on so much smoother and prevents polishes that stain from staining your nails. However, I still have mixed feelings on this product. While it does prevent staining and make polish go on smoother I almost feel like it doesn't really work for my finger nails. When I wear it on my fingers it chips more if I wear it than if I didn't have a base coat on. It doesn't seem to chip on my toes though but that's most likely because I'm not as hard on my toes. It also is incredibly difficult to remove. If you use normal polish remover it will take a lot longer to remove. So I would recommend using acetone to remove it if you don't want to spend forever trying to remove it.


I know they are all kinda vague reviews so if you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments and I will answer them all. What's your favorite Sally Hansen top coat/base coat? I'm in the market for a new one of each so I'm up for recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment